Friday, March 13, 2009

Mamma Mia..



So, like everyone else in the world our family is completely obsessed with Mamma Mia! Chayse sings the songs off the soundtrack all day long and usually at the top of her lungs. One of the songs she was singing today touched my heart and I had to share my feelings about it! It goes: "Slipping through my fingers all the time, I try to capture every minute, the feeling in it, slipping through my fingers all the time..." One of my biggest frustrations in life is people who don't realize how important every second is. Every single experiance in life whether good or bad should be cherished. This is always on my mind this time of year... and with my little family growing so quickly I do cherish every minute... yes, even the minutes I am counting to ten so I don't beat my kids to death!!
"Live each moment as your last" is truly the greatest advice ever! When my kids argue, the main thing I try to teach them to remember is..."Is it worth it?" I tell them is this really going to matter tomorrow? Is making your sister feel bad and seeing her cry really going solve this situation?
Please cherish every minute... it does slip through your fingers all the time, whether it is a life cut short or a child simply becoming an adult. Realize each moment is a gift and should be treated as such.

1 comment:

  1. I found ya!
    I love this post!
    I am busy counting to 10 too much of the time!.......

    ReplyDelete